We have one world with finite resources and we’d like to look after it…
Olives Et Al is a food manufacturing company which manufactures and packs olives, dressings, sauces and nuts, for wholesale, multiples, deli’s and farm shops.
We recognise that our activities have an impact on the environment in terms of the use of raw materials, emissions to air and water and waste generation, and seek to minimise this as far as reasonably practicable.
Olives Et Al is committed to:
- Continual improvement in its environmental performance.
- Preventing pollution.
- Compliance with all environmental legislation, regulations and codes of practice relevant to the industry section in which it operates.
Is it the policy of Olives Et Al to:
- Make efficient use of natural resources by conserving energy and water, minimising waste, and recycling where possible.
- Meet its duty of care requirements in relation to waste by ensuring the safe keeping, transportation and subsequent recovery or disposal of waste.
- Use recycled construction materials whenever these can be commercially justified.
- Keep transport use to a minimum and regularly service vehicles to maintain their efficiency.
- Work with suppliers to ensure they recognise and reduce the environmental impact of their products and transportation.
Olives Et Al will review this policy on an annual basis, taking account of any changes within legislation and our organisation, and other factors.