Bacon, Olive & Cheese Muffins
Snack happy with these little beauties. They also make a good Breakfast Muffin…
- Serves Makes approx 10
- Difficulty Not too tricky
- 1½ cups Self-Raising Flour
- 1½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tbsp dried Mint
- ¾ cup Olives Et Al Olive Oil
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ Brown Onion, finely chopped
- 4-6 Bacon Rashes, cooked and roughly chopped
- 1 cup Olives Et Al Pitted Kalamata Olives, chopped
- 250g Haloumi Cheese, finely chopped
Preheat oven to 190°C. Spray a 12-hole muffin tin with cooking Oil. Put Flour, Baking Powder and Mint in a large bowl. Mix to combine.
In a second large bowl put Oil, Milk, Egg and Water. Stir to combine. Make a well in center of dry ingredients. Add oil mixture. Mix to almost combine. Stir Onion, Olives, Bacon and Haloumi into batter, reserving 2 Tbsp Olives and ⅓ cup Haloumi. Mix until just combined.
Spoon batter among prepared tins. Top with reserved Haloumi and Olives. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in tins for about 5 minutes, then turn out and serve warm.